Our arena can accommodate 22 players at one time. But what if you have a larger group? Can you still have a group event at AWG? The answer is “yes”, and this page will tell you how.
In addition to the 22-player arena, we also have a party room that holds 15-20 people and our front video game area that can hold about 30 people. So, if you want to have an event at AWG with more than 22 people, you’ll have to split your group up and then rotate people into and out of the arena.
What’s the cost? The cost to rent the arena is $299.99 per hour.
If you want to rent the party room for those not playing to hang out in, the price is $79.99 per hour. If you rent the arena for 2 hours or more, we’ll waive the cost of the party room while your group is playing. Those not playing can also hang out in the video game area at no cost to your group.
Here is some more advice for different size groups:
- 22-30 players: we would recommend you rent the arena for 60 or 90 minutes. You’ll have to swap out a few players at the half-way point. This is pretty easy and everyone will get a reasonable amount of play time. If you want 90 min., then we will charge you for one and a half Big Kahuna packages ($449.99) — contact us to set that up.
- 31-44 players: You should probably rent the arena for 1.5 or 2 hours. Most players will swap out at the halfway point, giving everyone at least 40-60 min. in the arena.
- 44-66 players: You would definitely want to rent the arena for at least 2 hours. You’ll have to split your group into three and swap groups of players twice.
- over 66: You’ll want to rent the arena for multiple hours. In addition, because people will have so much down time (when they’re not playing), you might want to create a specific schedule and have people show up at the time they’re scheduled to go into the arena rather than have everyone show up at the beginning and then sit around.
- Swapping players in and out of the arena is easy, but it takes time. Our experience is that it takes 5-10 min. to swap 22 players. This means that you should plan to swap players as infrequently as possible. Swapping frequently will use up a lot of your time — and it’s not fun.
Contact us if you have any questions or to set up your event!